~ A Collection of Original Short Stories by Various Authors
Edited by Andre Norton & Jean Rabe
Click on image for full view
- 01~ Introduction: Faire Game (in) by Andre Norton and Jean Rabe
- 04~ Jewels Beyond Price (ss) by – Elizabeth Ann Scarborough
- 28~ Diminished Chord (ss) by – Joe Halderman
- 39~ Splinter (ss) * by – Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta
- 60~ Girolamo and Mistress Willendorf (ss) by – John Maddox Roberts
- 73~ A Time for Steel (ss) by – Robert E. Vardeman
- 92~ One Hot Day (ss) by – Stephen Gabriel
- 104~ Wimpin’ Wady (ss) by – Jayge Carr
- 125~ Brewed Fortune (ss) by – Michael A. Stackpole
- 147~ Marriage A La Modred (ss) by – Esther M. Friesner
- 170~ A Dance of Seven Vales (ss) by – Rose Wolf
- 196~ Moses’ Miracles (ss) by – Roberta Gellis
- 219~ Grok (ss) by – Donald J. Bingle
- 234~ Renaissance Fear (ss) by – Stephen D. Sullivan
- 258~ The Land of the Awful Shadow (ss) by – Brian A. Hopkins
- 282~ Faire Likeness (ss) by – Andre Norton
Write-up from the back of the paperback edtion ~
Renaissance Faires have become increasingly popular the world around, often establishing themselves as annual events in specific locations. From joust to feasts, plays to magic shows, from dancers and musicians to fortune-tellers and artisans, today’s Faire-goers can find any number of events and people to catch their interest and spark their imagination. What a perfect setting for contemporary tales of a fantastical nature.
Now some of fantasy’s most creative talents have taken up the challenge of telling all-original tales of encounters and enchantments set in and around Renaissance Faires.
From a master jeweler who unexpectedly gains a treasure beyond price…to a musician suddenly able to work magic with his strings…to a thief who picks the wrong mark – or perhaps the right one…to a policeman’s encounter with Merlin and murder…here are fifteen spellbinding tales certain to captivate both Faire-goers and fantasy fans alike.
Bibliography of English Editions ~
- (2005) Published by DAW, PB, 0-756-40281-6, 978-0-756-40281-5, No. 1320, $6.99 US $9.99 Canadian, 320pg ~ cover by Sandro Botticello ~ The DAW collector number 1321 appears on the copyright page but on the cover it's given as 1320 ~ Fifteen original tales of magic and mayhem by fantasy's finest set in and around Renaissance Faires.