Non-Fiction Articles by Andre Norton
1950 thru 1979
- Half-a-Dozen Parties for Children One to Six (March) Parents Magazine #25, (pgs. 46-47, 142-145) – with Margaret S. Young.
- “Introduction” ~ Bullard of the Space Patrol Edited by Malcolm Jameson & Andre Norton, Published by World, HC, $2.50, 255pg
- Living In the Year 1980 Plus (Sept.) Library Journal, Vol. 77 No. 16, Published by Danial Melcher, Edited by Helen E. Wessells, $7.00, (pgs. 1463-1464, 1466)
- “Introduction” ~ Space Service Edited by Andre Norton, Published by World, HC, LCCN 52013235, $2.50, 277pg
- Reserve Your Seat for a Trip to Mars (Oct. 27) pg. 6 of The Cleveland Press, Book Fair Supplement, Reviews of ~ The Magic Ball from Mars by Carl L. Biemiller, Starman Jones by Robert A. Heinlein, and Iceworld by Hal Clement.
- “Preface” ~ Space Pioneers Edited by Andre Norton, Published by World, HC, LCCN 54005338, $2.75, 294pg
- “Introduction” ~ Stand to Horse by Andre Norton, Published by Harcourt Brace, HC LCCN 56008354, 242pg
- “Forward” ~ Space Police Edited by Andre Norton, Published by World, HC, LCCN 56005309, $2.75, 255pg
- “Introduction” ~ The Weirdstone of Brisingamen by Alan Gardner, Published by Ace, PB, G-570, $0.50, 192pg
- Science Fiction Short on Originality, Plot (Nov. 7) pg. 7 of The Cleveland Press, Book Fair Supplement, Reviews of ~ Danny Dunn and the Fossil Cave by Jay Williams and Raymond Abrashkin, The Star Dwellers by James Blish, Moon of Mutiny by Lester Del Rey, and The Visitors from Planet Veta by Reinhold W. Goll.
- Top Titles Offered in Fantasy (Nov. 7) pg. 16 of The Cleveland Press, Book Fair Supplement, Reviews of ~ The Borrowers Aloft by Mary Norton, Tacketty-Packetty House and Other Stories by Frances Hodgson Burnett, Dear Rat by Julia Cunningham, The Great Rebellion by Mary Stolz, and Leopold, the See-Through Crumbpicker by James Flora.
- Fantasy Field Especially Rich in High-Quality Offerings (Nov. 5) pg. 8 of The Cleveland Press, Book Fair Supplement, Reviews of ~ Seven-Day Magic by Edward Eager, The Diamond on the Window by Jane Langton, Dorrie’s Magic by Patricia Coombs, A Grass Rope by William Mayne, and The Library Mice by Ann Sanders.
- Science Fiction Moves from Teen-Agers to Younger Group (Nov. 5) pg. 13 of The Cleveland Press, Book Fair Supplement, Reviews of ~ A Life for the Stars by James Blish, R Is for Rocket by Ray Bradbury, Danny Dunn and the Heat Ray by Jay William and Raymond Abrashkin, The Secret of the Himalayas by Hal G. Evarts, Count Down for Cindy by Eloise Engle, Spaceship to Planet Veta by Reinhold W. Goll, and The Three-Seated Space Ship by Louis Slobodkin.
- “Prologue” ~ Star Gate by Andre Norton, Published by Harcourt Brace, HC, LCCN 58008626, $3.00, 192pg ~ Prologue added by Andre Norton (1963) Published by ACE, PB, #F-231, $0.40, ~ cover by Ed Emshwiller
- “The Origin of Books” Science Fiction Review, (Feb. 17)
- Science Fiction Is Scarcer (Nov. 3) pg. 5 of The Cleveland Press, Book Fair Supplement, Reviews of ~ Star Watchman by Ben Bova, Destination Mars by Hugh Walters, The Poison Belt by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and The Boy’s Life Book of Outer Space Stories.
- Crop of Fantasy Is a Rich One (Nov. 3) pg. 17 of The Cleveland Press, Book Fair Supplement, Reviews of ~ An Enemy at Green by L.M. Boston, The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander, Black Hearts in Battersea by Joan Aiken, The Witch Who Wasn’t by Jane Yolen, The Sugar Mouse Cake by Gene Zion, The Magic Stone by Penelope Farmer, Dorrie and the Blue Witch by Patricia Coombs, and The Mouse Palace by Frances Carpenter.
- “L. Sprague DeCamp” Tricon, WorldCon
- The Witch World Novels ~ Published by Niekas Publications, Magazine # 16, June (pgs 45 & 46)
- "Ghost Tour" A Tourist Guide to Haunted Houses and Unexplained Mysteries - New England - New York ~ Witchcraft and Sorcery: The Modern Magazine of Weird Tales Vol 1 No 5 (Feb.), Published by Fantasy Publishing, Edited by Gerald W. Page, $0.60, 68pgs. ~ cover by Jerry Burge (pp. 28-30) ~~ gray cover is variant release
- On Writing Fantasy ~ The Dipple Chronicle: The Fanzine for the Unpretentious, Volume 1 No.4, Edited and published by Richard Benyo, October/December, $0.50, (pg. 8-11,30) ~ cover by Susan Olevia Note: previous link is from The Many Worlds of Andre Norton ~ see the original from The Dipple Chronicle
Reprinted in The Many Worlds of Andre Norton (1974) Edited by Roger Elwood, Published by Chilton, HC, 0-801-95927-6, LCCN 74010980, 208pg (pg.61)
Reprinted in The Book of Andre Norton (1975) Edited by Rodger Elwood, Published by DAW, PB, 0-451-UY119-8, $1.25, 221pg (pg.71) ~ cover by Jack Gaughan
Reprinted in Fantasists on Fantasy (1984) Edited by Robert H. Boyer & Kennith J. Zahorski, Published by Avon, PB, 0-380-86553-X, $3.95, 287pg ~ (pg 151)
- Letter to the Editor ~ The Mentor, #19, May/June (fanzine), Published by Ron Clarke, Normanhurst, Austrailia (pg.50)
- “Introduction” ~ Garan the Eternal by Andre Norton, Published by Fantasy, HC, 0-686-02511-3, LCCN 73160575, 199pg
- “Introduction” ~ Forerunner Foray by Andre Norton, Published by Viking, HC, 0-670-32357-8, LCCN 72091403, 286pg
- “Introduction” ~ by Andre Norton & Ernestine Donaldy ~ Gates to Tomorrow - An Introduction to Sci-Fi Edited by Andre Norton & Ernestine Donaldy, Published by Atheneum, HC, 0-689-30321-1, LCCN 72085921, 264pg
- “Review” ~ The Star Beast – Robert Heinlein, Published by ACE, PB, 0-441-78000- , The copyright is 1955 but this copy is probably from around 1973, judging from the $0.95 price tag as most ACE PBs I have with that price are from that era. cover art is by Steele Savage
- "Introduction” ~ The Star Beast by Nicholas Stuart Gray in Author’s Choice 2 Published by Hamish Hamilton, 0-241-02335-1, 246pg
- "Letter to the editor” ~ Yandro: Big 20th Anniversary Party (fanzine) Published by Robert & Juanita Coulson, #219, 1973, $0.50, pg 60
- “Introduction” ~ Small Shadows Creep Edited and Compiled by Andre Norton, Published by Dutton, HC, 0-525-39505-9, LCCN 74005408, 195pg
- Norton Bibliography ~ The Many Worlds of Andre Norton Edited by Roger Elwood, Published by Chilton, HC, 0-801-95927-6, LCCN 74010980, 208pg
- To Make Tamar’s Rose Beads and Other Old Delights (recipes) ~ Lavender Green Magic by Andre Norton, Published by Crowell, HC, 0-690-00429-X, LCCN 73021941, 241pg ~ illustrated by Judith Gwynn Brown
- Letter to the editor, The Witch and the Chameleon, Vol. 2, Fanzine, November, Published and Edited by Amanda Bankier, $0.50, 24pgs. (pg. 4)
- The Personal Reference Library by Andre Norton ~ Continuum - A Science Fiction Journal, August, Vol.1 No.2 See: BOSv.5.1 page035
- Author’s Introduction to This Edition of Fur Magic ~ The DAW Science Fiction Reader Edited by Donald A. Wollheim, Published by DAW, PB, 0-451-UW124-2, #200, 207pg (pg. 7)
- “Introduction” ~ Baleful Beasts and Eerie Creatures Edited by Andre Norton & Rod Ruth, Published by Rand McNally, HC, 0-528-82171-1, LCCN 76020529, 124pg ~ illustration by Rod Ruth
- “Introduction” ~ Gate of Ivrel by C.J. Cherryh, Published by DAW, PB, 0-451-UY1226- , (Daw No. 188), $1.25, 191
- A letter from Andre Norton ~ Astral Dimensions #5
- A Letter from Andre Norton ~ Darkover Newsletter # 15-16, Dec.
- Survivor At World's End ~ review of The Empty World by John Christopher in Book World, June 11th See: BOSv.10 page10
- Forward: The Girl and the B.E.M. ~ Cassandra Rising by Alice Laurance, Published by Doubleday, HC, 0-385-12857-6, $7.95, 207pg
- Rear cover review ~ Demon in the Mirror by Andrew J. Offutt & Richard K. Lyon, Published by Pocket, 0-671-81720-5, $1.50, 189pg
- The Origins of the Witch World ~ The Norton Newsletter #1 (March) (pg. 2)
- Review of and rear cover comment ~ The Vision of Stephen by Lolah Burford, Published by ACE, PB, 0-441-86505-4, $1.95, 192pg